NCSPA Regional Resources
- NCSPA Mountain Region Facebook Forum – The NCSPA Mountain Region group allows members in the Mountain Region to share resources and problem-solve common issues. The group also allows for increased communication and visibility among NCSPA members.
- NCSPA Coastal Region Facebook Forum – The NCSPA Coastal Region group allows members in the Coastal Region to share resources and problem-solve common issues. The group also allows for increased communication and visibility among NCSPA members.
- Progress Monitoring Handout for Teachers (added October 2010) – Handout for teachers to describe interventions, progress monitoring, and how their school psychologist can help.
- Intervention Central – A popular website created by Jim Wright with free intervention and assessment resources for educators in grades K-12. With many school districts across the nation now facing serious budget constraints, Jim’s goal is to make Intervention Central the top website for high quality RTI resources available at no cost–including articles on effective academic and behavioral intervention practices and interactive tools to create assessment and other materials.
- Florida Center for Reading Research – The Florida Center for Reading Research (FCRR) is a multidisciplinary research center at Florida State University. FCRR explores all aspects of reading research—basic research into literacy-related skills for typically developing readers and those who struggle, studies of effective prevention and intervention, and psychometric work on formative assessment.
- Evidence-Based Intervention Network – The EBI Network is run by the University of Missouri and has been developed to provide guidance in the selection and implementation of evidence-based interventions in the classroom setting.
- Intervention Hero – Free research-based Tier II and III Interventions linked with Common Core standards.
School Psychology Resources
- Notes from the School Psychologist blog – A school psychology blog written by Dr. Rebecca Branstetter is a Child and Adolescent Psychologist and School Psychologist in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- School Psyched blog – A school psychology blog Rebecca Comizio, a school psychologist, designed to share ideas with students & families to support academic, social, behavioral, & emotional growth.
- School Psyched podcast – A school psychology podcast linked to the School Psyched blog.
- Google Drive of Shared Resources from School Psyched Podcast – A Google Drive folder linked to the School Psyched blog in which school psychologists can find and share resources they have found useful.
- Psyched About School – Winston-Salem/Forsyth County Psychological Services Blog.
- School Psychology Forum on Facebook – A national school psychology forum on Facebook. This forum also includes a files section with lots of useful tools including report templates, screening tools, checklists, and articles.
- Resources and information from from the America Psychological Association (APA) Dividion 16 (School Psychology)
- myschoolpsychology.com – This website has been designed to provide school psychologists with testing tools, links to special educational resources, a reference library, and information regarding special education law.
- SPsychEverything – A growing list of resources, blogs, etc that are relevant to the world of school psychology.
- SchoolPsych – SchoolPsych is a blog created by Tim McIvor and Dan Florell designed to teach school psychologists about technology that can enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of their practice.
- For additional school psychologist resources, please visit the NASP Publications and Resources page, the NASP Communications Resources page, and the NASP Online Learning Center.
Resources from the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction (NCDPI)